Swallowed up in victory
More from Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl:
Tragedy isn't an easy thing to kill....Tragedy must be destroyed by someone willing to be swallowed by it, willing to be broken, torn out of the flesh, but able to return to it. Someone must be able to shatter the tragic from within and exit into comedy, able to rip a hole so wide that a train of souls, a parade, could follow after, banging drums and throwing candy as they strolled into the sun....
I will die, and when I do--whether it be in my bed as age creeps over me, or struck by lightning, a meteor, or a UPS truck--when my body and soul find their divorce, His hand will be the one that cuts the thread and shows me the path He blazed through tragedy. His finger will point to the parade.
2 Comments:
I've been wanting to read that book.
Now I want to read it more.
Meanwhile, are you acquainted with the 100 Cupboards series (juvenile fantasy) by the same author? Because, if not, you should be. He actually picks up some of the idea in the first paragraph you quote here, in those books.... Great stuff.
(Don't you love Easter?)
I finished the book.
General thoughts = :-D :-D :-D
Post a Comment
<< Home