8.31.2005

Continuing

As many of my good friends go back to school, in some ways I am continuing the same routine (or lack thereof) that I've had since June or July. The job hunt continues, though at a slower rate now because of my 40-hour-a-week commitment to my temping position. I continue grateful for my temping assignment, although not fond of some aspects of my commute.

Plans for the England trip also continue. I recently bought tickets online for me and my sister to see Les Mis in London, and landed seats in (get this) the center of the fifth row from the stage. Wow!

And, recent blog posts notwithstanding, life isn't all about work. I have been pondering much that I haven't had time to write about: the theology of work, single womanhood, the intersection of literature and "real life," the tension between ministry and and the business world, a single woman's place in her family.

And what kind of car I should buy. Suggestions for convertibles, anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Derby said...

Get a motorcycle - they have the best gas mileage!

August 31, 2005 11:35 PM  
Blogger Ruhamah said...

Well, my ride on Kevin's was lots of fun. But I don't really fancy traveling far on one... There's a BMW convertible that I keep noticing. Every time I see it I think, "Wow, nice car," and then I think "BMW. Never mind." :-)

September 02, 2005 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about single womanhood and the place of a single woman in the home if I were you. Someone as wonderful as yourself truly shouldn't need to concern themselves with such matters.



- Anonymous

September 03, 2005 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home