6.01.2005

Bliss, nearly

I am sitting at a picnic table behind our house, while my little siblings eat lunch nearby and a woodpecker overhead drops bits of bark on my keyboard. My routine at home has come to include breakfast with Mom, going running down sidewalks lined with roses and peonies, and a couple hours reading the Washington Times, Post, CNN, BBC, friends' blogs, and occasionally other interesting folks like Al Mohler and George Grant. The only non-blissful part of the routine is that I miss all you PHC folks and other friends scattered across the country.

Speaking of news sources, a TIME article this morning introduced me to Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia edited by anyone who cares to. Interestingly, what seems like a prime target for pranksters (hey, you don't even have to be a hacker) generally avoids that sort of trouble because, as the article says, "the geeks care more."

So, to test its accuracy, I ran a Wikipedia search on Patrick Henry College. The article is surprisingly current. But I had to laugh when I reached the "alumni" section, which lists three: Jed Haven, Dan Taylor, and (drumroll please) Justin Knepper. (Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, Knepper is a Soft Drink Reviewer.)

I can see the footnote now: Justin Knepper, Soft Drink Reviewer. "Patrick Henry College." Wikipedia.org (1 June 2005).

Dr. Sanders would not approve.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you too! Isn't is nice to now that inaccuracy spreads over the internet too (sarcasm drip drip) BTW, who was "Ruhamah" anyway? I have never heard of her :{

~lady ancilla (or Emily Rose C.)

June 03, 2005 7:52 AM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

::giggle:: Wow. I think it's time they added some more alumni.

"Emily Alianello, future author.
Jeff Cavanaugh, pastor/teacher.
Sarah Lewis, teacher/high queen..."

;-)

--Pinon Coffee <:3 )----

June 03, 2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger Ruhamah said...

Hi, Emily Rose! Ha ha, I thought I had put in my profile where "Ruhamah" comes from, but I just realized I didn't. It's from Hosea 1-2, and it has to do with what God tells Hosea to name his children. It's a really neat parable. And now I'll go put that on my profile... :-)

June 03, 2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger em said...

I miss PHC people, too. I should get a meaningful blogger name. *thinking*

**!!POOF!!**

(that was my head exploding)

June 04, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Ruhamah said...

I think "Seldom Sober" is quite meaningful.

No really, I like your blog name! And I like its real meaning, and I think that those who read it understand it quite well. I enjoy getting drunk on words myself. :-)

June 06, 2005 10:32 PM  
Blogger Brooks Lampe said...

Wow. You are spiritually sound in soul if reading blogs and newspapers is blissful. :-)

June 09, 2005 3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home